Friday, October 2, 2015

The Naked Duke

The Naked Duke The Naked Duke by Sally MacKenzie
My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

Very predictable plot and naive characters. The main character was just too innocent for me. She didn't even know what a penis was or how a baby was even made. I just wanted to shake her. Or maybe slap some sense into her. Seriously? I know she grew up without her mother but she couldn't have been that oblivious to the world, could she?

And the whole thing from the beginning with the mixup of rooms and such, I thought it was just too unlikely. But apparently she is that dumb to not understand what was happening. I saw from a million miles away!

The story was just okay. I have a horrible ability to predict the outcome of some books. What can I say? It's a sixth sense. Or maybe its just that predictable?

Audiobook by Abby Craden
4 stars

I had to add this extra review of the audiobook narration because it was my first audiobook ever! At times I liked it, such as when I was walking across campus, I liked that I was able to continue the audio where I left off in the book. But the pace is just so much slower than what I am used to! And it just got awkward when the steamy parts came....(which by the way weren't all that hot and heavy to begin with.)

The only complaint I have about the narration was James' voice. It was just creepy in my opinion! He was supposed to be funny, and the voice just did not fit his personality.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment