Friday, March 13, 2015

Stealing Rose (The Fowler Sisters, #2)

by Monica Murphy

Check it out on Goodreads!
*I received an ARC in exchange form my honest review.*

This book contains graphic sexual content and is intended for those 18 and older.

Cover ~ B

It is a nice cover! It does a nice job representing Rose and Caden's first meeting.

Plot ~ C

Rose Fowler's family is used to the spotlight. They have been on public display all her life.  But Rose isn't like her sisters, she does not care for the attention and the limelight.  Rose is sick of her family sweeping the imperfections of life under the rug, like her mother's suicide. She works her butt off at Fleur Cosmetics, her family's business, trying to gain a promotion through her hard work, not her last name. She's been pushed to the side one too many times, never being recognized for her hard work. Now the promotion she has been reaching for, is seeming to be given to her father's conniving girlfriend Pilar Vasquez, who has Daddy wrapped around her little finger (and her tight little body).

Rose decides it time to make a statement. Put her foot down. Her newfound courage inspires her to wear a scandalous dress that will shock everyone as her last hurrah before she gives her father her two week notice. But the infamous Poppy necklace she wears around her neck draws the eye of Caden, a jewel thief. But the jewel is not the only thing that catches his eye.

Characters ~ C

Rose Fowler calls her father Daddy which automatically set off red flags in my head. Spoiled! Rich kid! Privileged! This constantly drove me crazy, with her complaining Daddy doesn't appreciate me! Daddy doesn't understand! blah blah blah. It was difficult for me to connect with her.

Caden Kingsley is a jewel thief after Rose's aunt's one-of-a-kind diamond necklace. But he expects Lily to be wearing it and for the steal to be a simple one. He just didn't expect the beautiful youngest sister to be wearing it. The whole overprotective dominant male is so over done. So characters like Caden each have something unique about them, but then again, they are all the same.


Writing ~ B

I have mixed feelings about the POV because it was told from both Caden and Rose's POV.  On one hand, I liked being inside Caden's head, but not so much during the love scenes.  Also, the way the author switch POV, sometimes, was awkward because the character would backtrack (and almost get off focus)
But hey the descriptions in this book were great! I was like daaaamn
I am very intrigued with Lily and may read the third book, Taming Lily. I found myself feeling sorry for Lily in Stealing Rose because of the way Violet and Rose spoke of her.  But when we met her, she did not seem that bad! She wanted to help Rose and obviously loves her.  Although I do not think I will read Owning Violet, the first in the series, because I just found myself not liking Violet very much. She was just too noisy, pushy, and motherly. It pissed me off that she was friends with that bitch Whitney. However, I am still open to the idea of reading that one.

My major issues with this book was never meeting Pilar or Daddy. I would have liked to see this encounter (however, I think this is possibly covered in the first book). These two characters were spoken of quite frequently and I would have like to actually meet them.  Also, we never discover what happens with Rose's job!! This was the entire basis of the novel and we are left in the dark. I wish she would have gained independence by branching out from Fleur. Maybe by doing something that makes her happy like giving makeovers.

Overall Rating ~ 2.5 stars!


My Tags: NA, adult, romance, erotica, london, businesswoman, con artist

No comments:

Post a Comment