Saturday, November 21, 2015

Ink Mage

Ink Mage Ink Mage by Victor Gischler
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2.5ish stars

The city of Klaar has never fallen. No enemy has crossed the Long Bridge or penetrated the city’s great walls. No one could have foreseen the betrayal from within the fortress’s walls. After a dramatic turn of events, the young duke’s daughter, Rina, finds herself a duchess and an army of one. Rina sets out on a quest to reclaim her city through whatever means necessary, even if that includes strange magic inked on to her skin.

I had mixed feelings while reading. There were huge gaps in the story because the POV changed every chapter. I felt like we missed a lot of the story when we switched characters and it just made the story's sense of time more confusing. I didn't care for a few characters and felt disconnected. I was indifferent to the romance! That is a downer. ):

A story with multiple POV is usually a hit of miss. I think this story could have benefits from more chapters from Rina. It was spread so thin amongst the characters that I lacked the kinship with the characters. We didn't really get very deep into the characters; it was all surface. What is driving the characters; why do they fight for the cause?

There were other gaps in the story that just seemed random. Like when did Alem learn to shoot a bow? There is freakin no way he was able to hit a target on his first try! When/How did this romance start to develop? It seemed a bit random.

I'm not so sure I'll be continuing the series because I have so many books on my TBR.

*Available on Kindle Unlimited*




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment