Monday, November 2, 2015

Rogue

Rogue Rogue by Karen Lynch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

I'm just going to stick with my initial feelings because I still don’t know how to rate this! :/ I can’t give this anything above 4 stars and I seriously debated 3 stars there in the middle. I'm sticking with 3.5.

Through the entire book, I was going back and forth with my feelings. I was like: “Wow this is an interesting beginning, okay, okay, I see you… This middle is SO SLOW (I even picked up a book that I stopped in order to read this one sooner, and finished it)….Woah I didn't expect them to be the Master and DAMN did Sara finally kick some ass."

First of all, let me say that I loved the first 3 books in this series (both 5 stars). Book 1 may still be free for amazon kindle. If you haven’t already checked it out, I definitely recommend doing so. That being said, book 3 left me a bit disappointed.

The beginning was good. I loved Jordan, Roland, and Peter (always have, always will). I liked the idea of Sara discovering herself as a Morhiri without Nikolas. I also liked the dreaded wait for Nikolas to appear again (I guess its the masochist in me). All in all, a solid first 25% of the book.

The middle of the book is where it really hit me. I wanted so bad to rate this 5 stars, I really did, but I didn’t love it! It dragged in the middle 50% and I actually was bored! Sara’s training sessions, for one, were tedious and wasn’t that the whole premise of book 2?! Didn’t we read this already? Not to mention, once again, Sara had to connect with her demon (I thought she did that already..hello book 2??)

But the last 25% picked up a bit. Honesty, I had no idea how I was going to end up rating this. The ending definitely saved it.

For some reason, Sara and Nikolas felt different in this one. They spent so much time apologizing for their actions that I got really annoyed. Just owe up to your decisions! Nikolas was SO overprotective; he had so little faith in Sara! I love you dude, but I’d tell you to get over yourself. The reunion was a bit of a disappointment for me as well. On the plus side I loved the addition of Eldeorin and some new demon friends!

I just could not bring myself to love it as much as the other books in the series. I just didn’t get the same reaction reading this as I did other books I’ve recently read (which earned the 5 stars). My slump could be a reason why I’m being so grumpy. I’ve had a hard time getting through some books lately, so I’m just glad I finished this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment