Thursday, February 25, 2016

2015 in Review

2015 on Goodreads 2015 on Goodreads by Various
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm a bit late posting on my blog, but this has been on my Goodreads page since January.

Average rating: 3.52 stars

In 2014, I realized I had lost my reading-vibe. With college starting in fall, I thought reading would
have to be pushed aside in order to keep up with the demands of classes. Let’s just say that semester has been my worst since… i have come to realize reading is my stress reliever and relaxant. My 2015 New Year’s resolution was to read more, and I exceed my goal ten fold. I am currently reading my 200th book of the year, and hope to finish before the year is through. Since that dreaded first semester, I have gotten straight A’s and I don’t plan on changing a single thing. Thanks to Goodreads i have been able to connect with people like me, and I am grateful for all the friends I have acquired this past year. My love for reading is stronger than ever; I have Goodreads to thank!

Here’s a brief summary of this reading year!<

I have about a 10% success rate with ARCs. I received about 30 but only had five 4&5 star reads, but a lot of lower ratings :(
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

On the bright side, I won my first giveaway!
Candidate (The Black Mage, #3) by Rachel E. Carter

On the sad side, a few series came to an end unfortunately. They came to an end, but will stay forever in our hearts.
Rogue (Relentless #3) by Karen Lynch Darken the Stars (Kricket, #3) by Amy A. Bartol End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee American Savages (Ruthless People, #3) by J.J. McAvoy

Here are a bunch of my favorite 5 stars of the year!
The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry Suit (The Twin Duo, #1) by Jettie Woodruff King (King, #1) by T.M. Frazier Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1) by A&E Kirk The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1) by Laura Thalassa Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1) by Amy A. Bartol Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Raw (RAW Family, #1) by Belle Aurora Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1) by J.J. McAvoy Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1) by Danielle L. Jensen Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas

Phew. That was a lot! I found some awesome books this year and thanks to everyone who gave recommendations! It's crazy to look back at those books I read in the early part of the year and think 'That was this year?!' I already want to reread the Shatter Me series and the Ruthless People series. Maybe I should make it an annual thing?

In keeping with my resolution, next year my goal is to read 201 books (one more than this year)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment