Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Air He Breathes

The Air He Breathes The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

They all warned me about Tristan, begging me to stay away. ‘He’s an asshole, he’s wild, and he’s broken, Liz,’ they would say. ‘He’s nothing but the ugly scars of his yesterdays,’ they swore. But what they didn’t see, what they chose to ignore was the fact that I was also a little wild, a bit crazy, and completely shattered too.


Wow. Just wow. This book was so emotionally raw. I don't think I have ever experienced such real emotions while reading. Not that I never cry while reading, but this was different. I would find myself crying one moment, and laughing the very next. And when I cried it was either gut wrenchingly sad moments or ones so happy that they make you heart hurt.

I love that the author hit every point on people being judgmental. Everyone does it. But you shouldn’t judge someone based on their appearance. I hate gossipers, and those like the group of women who think they are living life perfectly. Newsflash: not one life is the same, and you have no way of knowing the truth of another’s life unless you crawl inside their’s. Clearly Tristan was an asshole to everyone, but that was just his way of pushing people away and staying alone. But when a kindred spirit brushes yours, you can’t help but feel drawn to them. Because finally someone shares your pain.
”Everyone in this town is afraid of me. Do I scare you Elizabeth?” He whispered, his breaths brushing against my lips.
“No.”
“Why not?”
“Because I see you.”

This author is quickly becoming one of my new favorites. I did’t realize this was the same author as Loving Mr Daniels, which has been sitting on my tar shelf for quote some time after the recommendation from Ash. I will definitely be picking that book up soon, as I have come to love Ms. Cherry’s writing style. Her writing has a way that hits your soul. Who knew I would cry over someone cutting their grass? And she made their real first time seem like the first time they were together. Seriously, there are SO many beautiful quote in this book I want to frame and hang on my quote wall, which is still a work in progress. I didn’t want to give too many quotes away because I like to find them as I read and not beforehand. If you are interested in reading more check out the quote I liked from my review page below!

Also… HOLY HOT COVER, BATMAN!! I mean hot damn!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment