Sunday, August 23, 2015

Demons at Deadnight

Demons at Deadnight Demons at Deadnight by A&E Kirk
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really needed this 5 star! I struggled for a whole month *gasp* to find a new book for me to obsess over. I was seriously debating reading my favorite books again just to get my spirits up. Part of the struggle was coming down from a major book high from the Queen of All that Dies. I added this book when my friend Ashley read it a few months back and it just sat in my TBR shelf waiting for the day to be read. And after a subtle nudge from said friend, I decided to pick up this book. At this point I was desperate and quite honestly hopeless.

Let me just say that ever since TMI I have been obsessed with demons, angels, and demon hunters. I tried to find books that were along the same lines, all of which fell short. But this. This is right up there with TMI. There is a Jace & Clary type relationship. And I love that!

Speaking of Jace, let's do book talk with book boyfriends in honor of this 5 star & our new groupie!
Me: Welcome to the group Ayden! Boys say hello to Ayden.

boys: Another one? Seriously?!?

Jace: Hey bud, I'm still the number one demon hunter got it?

Ash: At least it's not another guy named Ash...

Ashtaroth: Watch it, asshole! And just so we are clear, Ayden, this is one demon you are not gonna kill. I will snap you in half, like the flaming stick you are.

Me: Hmm the rest of you are are being suspiciously quiet...

Trey: I'm gonna go feral wolf on your ass

Liam: No, I'll take care of him...

Me: Liam! Trey! Knock it off! Wolfe, Montes, Raffe & Warner stop brooding! There is enough of me to go around! This new love doesn't take away from what we have!

Ayden: Just be glad she didn't bring the rest of the Hex boys... Although I have been told I am the most smokin' of us all...

Me: Enough. Yes it is true the other Hex boys are also hawt!! They are charming, mysterious, funny--

Ayden: Hey I'm your favorite not them!

Me: Hehe sorry, but they are all great! Except for Matthais, he was kind of an asshole. But he surprised me in the end a bit. I really liked how all of you have like a superpower! That's awesome! And the book was freakin hilarious! So many one liners! I was smiling through the whole book! I loved that each of the Hex boys are unique and have something different to offer in your team dynamic. I loved how loyal you treated Aurora too! Even when all of you were having trust issues, you guys still cared about her. I love the kind of books were the girl has a main crush but has other boys-that-are-friends around. I was hoping for one of the boys to stick out from the group as more of a best friend title, but there is still time for that... it might even be Matty in the future...

Ayden: *laughs* Oh you went there!

Me: Haha just a hunch! Well I have to say I am hoping that you will be the Bellator to her Divinicus. Unfortunately, it's not looking so good for you right now... I mean WTF WAS UP WITH THAT ENDING?!
I probably looked a little something like this after finishing the book:
description
I expected something similar but damn not that at all.

Ayden: My thoughts exactly. I promise, I was not pleased about it either. If I knew what Aurora was seeing I would have been very upset at the time.

Me: Well we don't want to spoil any of the rest of the story. The bottom line is if you readers like action, ass kicking, demon hunters---

Jace: check out the City of Bones!

Me: No! The book is Demons at Deadnight. Jace stop finding plugs for your book! You've had enough time in the spotlight. It's time for the Nex to shine.

Jace: I can't help if the ladies love me!

Me: *sigh* Anyways, if you liked TMI I think you would like this too! There's ass kicking, humor, demons, some slight steamy romance, and the sexy Hex boys!! Plus its on Kindle Unlimited! Check it out!! Now if you will excuse us, Ayden and I have a date to read the next book in the series! Until next time boys!

Before reading: Come on, book. Be my next 5 star!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment