Sunday, August 23, 2015

Ugly Love

Ugly Love Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hmm... I don't know, something about it spoke to me, but another part was just average. I really suck at these reviews where I'm not sure how I feel.

It's the typical story of boy meets girl and they agree to a friends with benefits type of relationship. No strings attached.
Only it is more difficult than it seems, and clearly we know it will end in heartbreak. Hearts intertwine and love gets ugly.
Love isn't always pretty Tate. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it'll eventually be something different. Something better. Then, before you know it, you're back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way.

I loved Tate's relationship with Cap. Cap is a bit of a mystery but he sure was entertaining. He, more than anyone, understands Miles.
"What do you think would make a man never want to experience love again?"
"I suppose if a man lived through the ugliest side of love he might never want to experience it again. Tate, sometimes a man's spirit just ain't strong enough to withstand the ghosts from his past. Maybe that boy just lost his spirit somewhere along the way."

It is definitely heartbreaking, but I found it predictable. And there were a few things I just could get over in the story, Rachel (the character in the book not me lol) is one.
Whatever he did to Rachel, at least he loves her enough to regret it.

I know we understand Rachel by the end of the book but I still hate her for how she made Miles feel and suffer for those 6 years he was alone. That was just cruel. I mean she wasn't the only one that it affected! And Poor Miles suffered all those years while she moved on with her life and basically forgot about him.

What threw me off in the book was how the POV changed. It is told from both Tate and Miles, but Miles tells his side from 6 years ago. This made me feel disconnected from Miles because he is telling the story of him falling in love with another girl! And I mean hard. He becomes obsessed with her (not in the creepy stalker way). Here was Tate falling head over heels for Miles, and Miles was still hung up with self-pity from his past.

All in all this was a nice story about learning to love again and overcoming hardships.

This was my first Colleen Hoover book and I will definitely give her other books a try!
Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover >>>this one is calling my name!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment