Sunday, April 12, 2015

Say My Name (Stark International Trilogy, #1)

J. Kenner

Check it out on Goodreads!

*ARC received in exchange for review*

This title will be available on April 14th, 2015.


Cover ~ B

I like this cover. Simple, yet sexy. Plus the guy reminds me of James Franco (lol).

Characters ~ D

It's average for the character rating. I just didn't have a strong feeling one way or the other. Personally, they were a bit dull. I wish they would have had a more fun banter back and forth.

Sylvia Brooks is the typical girl who has a dark past. She pushes all of her feelings and memories of that time into a small corner of her mind.

Jackson Steele is an up-and-coming architect. Likes to dominate in the relationship. Has major family issues. I did not find a connection with Jackson. He was crass, blunt, and frankly I was not turned on by him. It also drove me crazy in the beginning of the book when he keep walking away from Sylvia.

Plot ~ C

Five years ago, Sylvia spent a weekend with the unforgettable Jackson Steele. The two found something together neither had been expecting: a future. But, in order to save herself, Sylvia had to sacrifice a relationship with Jackson. Now, as an assistant to the rich and famous Damien Stark, Sylvia needs the architect Jackson has become. Both are still nursing a broken heart. Jackson is set on revenge and Sylvia is just trying to avoid the feelings that have come rushing back. But Sylvia needs Jackson the Architect, not Jackson the lover.

Writing ~ C

I was a bit unsure of the idea of a spin-off from the Stark Trilogy, but I enjoyed seeing a few characters again. Not sure how this series is International, but whatever. This one was not nearly as good as Release Me. I was bored for most of the book, because it seemed repetitive and predictable. I did enjoy the flashbacks both from Sylvia's childhood and when the couple met.

My main issue was with the "past relationship". That is in quotation marks because I'm not sure you can call knowing each other less than 48 hours a real relationship in this situation. The whole build up seemed anticlimactic after you figure out the relationship was two freakin days. I just don't get how Jackson can feel so strongly when in reality, he doesn't even know Sylvia, just her body from 5 years ago. And it must have been the best freakin 2 days of their lives, because 5 years later neither of them are over each other and still nursing a broken heart! I think it would have been more realistic if the "past relationship" (not even sure you can call it a relationship) was longer, even a week or a month would be better. That's just my opinion. I have a difficult time understanding how you can fall for someone you barely know. But thats just me.

Overall Rating ~ 2 Stars!

Not sure if I will continue this series.

My tags: adult, spin-off, first-in-series, erotica, romance, drama

No comments:

Post a Comment