Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wrecked (Forever, #4)

by Priscilla West

Check it out on Goodreads!

*Free copy received in exchange for honest review*


Cover ~ B

Excellent job drawing the attention of the reader and captures the fighter in Hunter.

Plot ~ D

Lorries mother was murdered two years ago.  The trial was widely publicized and drove her father to suicide.  Now Lorrie is returning to college in hope of feeling anything more than numbness.  Enter Hunter "the Hammer" Jensen, a cage fighter who takes an interest in Lorrie after an accidental meet.  But Lorrie has no room in her life for a new relationship, getting her heart broken in this state would shatter  her completely.  But Hunter is fighting internal demons of his own, one that will be the end of him.  As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?

Characters ~ D

Lorrie was another typical girl who has a dark past.  She has some serious problems and I'm pretty sure she should be on some type of depression meds.  I honestly feel like she gives up way too easily is not a fighter.

I don't know what it was about Hunter, but I just did not have a connection to him.  He wasn't really the bad boy that he was described to be.  We never really see that side of him.  The whole book he is a sweetheart and a teddy bear.  Plus, I wanted to see more of the fights because they play such a large role in the story!

My favorite thing between the characters was them recognizing that they were both weirdos because normal was boring.

Writing ~ D

West's writing is compelling at first, but then the story drags.  I had to force myself to continue and not shelf this book as DNF.  But I pushed through, and alas, the last 15% of the book was when all the shit went down.  The book needed more depth to the story! Honestly the best part of the book for me were the kittens.

This book is way too similar to Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire and I preferred that book much more (4 stars).

Overall Rating ~ 2 stars


My tags: first-in-series, romance, college, new-adult, MMA, drama, erotica

No comments:

Post a Comment