Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Feral Sins

by Suzanne Wright

Cover #1
Cover #2
This title is available on Kindle Unlimited!

Type: Book 1 of the Phoenix Pack series

POV: 3rd person~ Taryn & Trey

Rating: 5/5 stars!


I have gone back and forth with this book regarding the rating but I have settled on 5 because I just cannot find a book that exceeds this shifter book. I am always comparing similar books to this one and no other alpha male beats Trey and certainly no other alpha female trumps Taryn.

A lot of books claim to have an alpha female but really they don't, I just never realized that. Taryn is 100% alpha and the only person she bows to is her alpha, who has a hard enough time getting her to behave as it is. That being said, another alpha named Roscoe believes he has the ability to tame her and wants to see her on her knees in front of him. Sick bastard. But they are not true mates. Taryn has believed her whole life that her true mate and best friend died when she was young. She has always envisioned her life without love because he is dead, and she will not have another. Her father does not care for her opinion one bit. 
He was perfectly content with the idea of handing her over to someone who would beat her, and he wouldn't even be angry with Roscoe for doing it.
She is latent, meaning unable to shift into her wolf form. Because of this her father sees her as an inconvenience to the pack; although she is an alpha female, he does not see anything but her inability to shift which is seen as a handicap in his eyes.

Trey is known to be crazy. Every pack knows when he shifts wolf, he goes feral and is unable to contain the beast of his wolf. 
This guy was a psycho. He was kind of like the black mamba snake: fiercely aggressive, had a bad reputation, and was respected, admired, and feared all at the same time. That had a lot to do with the rumor that at the delicate age of fourteen he challenged and almost killed a mature Alpha male. A mature Alpha male who had also been his father.
His dangerous past is about to knock on his from door. His pack looks up to him and trust him, which is why they left their old pack to join Trey's. They are the Phoenix wolf pack, a pack that rose from nothing, and now rules a large portion of land with an iron fist. Because Trey has yet to lose to another alpha.

Trey wishes to reunite with his lost pack under the rule of his uncle. But Trey needs a mate to secure an alliance and Taryn needs a way out of her permanent arrangement with Roscoe. 
A few months in a mating with psycho boy versus a lifetime with Roscoe....
When the two meet under strange circumstance, they come to a mutual agreement and Taryn has an unusual reaction to meeting the so-called feral wolf.
Give that she was in the company of--or, more accurately, being confided by--a person who wasn't at all mentally stable, you would think her wolf would be at least a little nervous. Taryn certainly was beneath her anger. Oh, not at all! Her wolf wanted to rub against him enticingly, recognizing his scent as the one from the bedroom. Tramp.
Trey has no room in his life for cosmic soul-moving, imprinting shit, and is fairly certain he doesn't even have the emotions that it takes to keep the mating alive. The plan is to stay "mated" until the battle is over, while everyone on the outside believes they are mated for life. Because all of Taryn's pack believed her true mate died, she will have to convince everyone of this lie. But with both inner wolves calling to each other, it may be impossible to avoid the call.
"It will be a real mating, just not a forever-after one." A big issue, though, was that Taryn was sure her wolf would be accepting of his mark and wouldn't understand that this was to be a short-term thing.
I seriously love this book. I read it a few months ago and still can't stop thinking about it. The characters were awesome, both main and side. I loved the loyalty of the enforcers and I can see a few spin offs in the future! Taryn was hilarious! She called Trey Cujo which made me crack up! Or she would call him Fred Flintstone and his 2nd in command Barney Rubble. She had so many great lines in this book and her banter was very entertaining. 

But what I loved most about her was her inner alpha. She had a way about her that she made the others follow her lead and look up to her as their alpha even when they knew it was only temporary. And knowing that her situation was temporary, Taryn struggled to let herself feel content and comfort when she does't know what will happen to her once all of this action blows over.

Taryn and Trey's wolves have a reaction to each other that is completely unexpected to them. And the attraction between the two is clear:
"How's your wolf doing? Did she want to fight me off when I marked you?"
She shook her head. "She likes you."
Trey smiled crookedly. "You say that like it makes her stupid."
"She's impressed by your level of dominance."
That surprised him. "Not intimidated?"
"No. She thinks you're string enough to take her on; she doesn't like weaklings. It's your scent she likes most."
His wolf really liked hers. Trey inhaled deeply, taking that exotic scent into his lungs. "My wolf's riding me hard. He want to complete the claiming." Grinding against her, he spoke into her ear, "And I need to be inside your hot little body."
It was true that the mating technically wouldn't be compete without them consummating it, but as it wasn't a mating in the truest sense, Taryn had figured that the drive to have sex wouldn't be as strong. Instead, her wolf and her body were craving that completeness.
Trey slipped his hand under her dress and boldly cupped her.
"This is where I'll be very, very soon, Taryn," he promised--more like threatened. "Inside you, filling you with my come, and making you scream."
"I've met guys like you before. They talk the talk but, well... talking doesn't exactly get people to orgasm, does it?"
Trey smiled wickedly. "When I fuck you, Taryn-- and make no mistake about it baby. I will fuck you--the only talking you'll be doing is begging me to let you come. And don't doubt that I'll make you come. Not just the once. You'll come over and over again until I decide that I've had enough."
"Hmm. That's all very fascinating but you're forgetting one very important thing."
"And what's that?"
"My guess, Tarzan, is that you're very used to Janes; you don't want total obedience, you expect it. I'm not sure you'd know what to do with a woman who would bite you, scratch you, and curse you to hell and back if she wasn't getting her one way. You want my submission, you're going to have to battle for it."
He hadn't though he could get any harder. She was right in her assumption that he was only used to submissive women; females were to cautious around him to fight him for dominance. He didn't crave submission, but he liked the though of Taryn, his mate, submitting to him. The idea of having to fight for and earn the right to her submission...Fuck. "I'll look forward to the upcoming battle."
"And just so you know in advance, big boy, I never beg."
 And the battle for dominance in the bedroom begins. That was my favorite part of the book because Taryn is truly an alpha and wants Trey, boy does she, but she also needs him to assert his dominance and show her wolf that his is the alpha and more dominant.

Taryn is my favorite character in this one. So let me grace you with a few of her one liners:
"Ah so you're a resident of La La Land. I bet your sultan there too."
"I can sense how hard you wolf's riding you.""Jealous that she is and you're not?"
"Hey, I have a suggestion, why not put a condom over your head--if you're going to act like a complete dick then it makes sense to dress like one." 
"I'm stubborn. If you want absolute obedience, get a Labrador. I'm not quite the delicate flower people tend to take me for. Now let's go." 
"If I want your opinion, I'll kick it out of you okay?"
You mockerfucking, asslicking, son of a goddamn cocksucking bitch! READ THE DAMN BOOK!

My tags: shapeshiters, romance, mates, werewolves, adult, alpha-male, alpha-female, arranged-marriage, badass-female-character, book-boyfriends, favorites, paranormal, funny

No comments:

Post a Comment