Sunday, August 16, 2015

Taming Lily

by Monica Murphy

Check it out on Goodreads!

*ARC received in exchange for honest review*


Check out my review of the youngest Fowler sister's story Stealing Rose here!


This title is now available!

Type: Book 3 of 3 of the Fowler Sisters (May be read as a standalone)

POV: Dual 1st person~ Lily & Max

Rating: 2/5 stars


The evil Pilar is out to destroy a Fowler heiress again. She wants the company for herself and will stop at nothing to get it. This time Lily is the subject of her wrath, and Lily is not exactly as everyone puts her out to be.... 

As before, Monica Murphy writes some steamy sex scenes. But to be honest, that was all that I liked in the story, and even that eventually got boring. I was kind of hoping for the wild Lily to be the real Lily. It is called Taming Lily and I thought that would be what Max does, which is tame her and change her partying ways. In reality, Lily makes herself out to be the partier, wild child of the Fowler family, but she isn't. She's actually a hacker, and hates the person she is. I hate characters like this, because all they do is whine and whine when they are the only ones who can make the change. I was just disappointed in Lily's character. She fell so fast for Max, that it was almost unrealistic. I am so sick of the insta-love (or in this case insta-lust/love-in-disguise). Gross. I am all for angst and enemy turned lover. Which bring a different topic: the banter. Can it even be called banter?

I also struggled to connect with Max. From the moment he laid eyes on her, he wanted her. This type of relationship is way overdone and made the book too predictable. And Max was so obsessed with Lily's looks. That is like a pet peeve of mine, when the character's inner dialogue is constantly talking about how hot, or beautiful, or damn sexy the other character is. It just had me rolling my eyes. Seriously dude. She's not a piece of meat, even though she puts herself in those type of situations.

Overall the plot reminded me a lot of the second book, Stealing Rose. It takes place out of the States. Also in both books, the guys are trying to steal something from the girls!! Seriously!? It felt way too familiar to book two for my taste. Book two still remains my favorite of the series because Lily and Max drove me off a cliff. Or maybe I drove myself off it...

No comments:

Post a Comment